Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Journalist at Work

This week has been pretty chaotic. I was given a management position at my place of employment earlier this month. We’re short staffed and I've had to work a lot already this summer. It’s been somewhat frustrating because this has prevented me from being able to be productive in other areas (mainly my writing and photography).
It’s very hard to focus with such beautiful weather, summer community activities, and a messy apartment. I just have to keep reminding myself that I will be grateful that I did this class over the summer to make my last semester of college lighter.

I have finished my main interview for my personality profile, but my outside sources haven’t been able to talk with me yet. I always get nervous before interviews, but once I’m interviewing someone I calm down and think of more questions to ask that add to the story.

I’m wondering what my other classmates are writing about and if they had a hard time thinking of a story for this first article too. The other features I had ideas for the moment that I read them. I always try to find something I know about or that I’m really interested in to generate ideas from. This helps me to keep focus on the article and to keep the article interesting for readers. I have a hard time writing about city council or board meetings, however, if the time comes when I need to write about those topics, I will have to find some way to keep them interesting.


As I was typing this someone from work called and offered to work for me on Saturday. Originally, I was supposed to work two 10 hour shifts (Friday and Saturday), but now I only have to worry about Friday! I have even more time to get ahead in this class this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment