Saturday, July 5, 2014

Who am I?

     My name is Hilary Igl and I am a “super” senior at UW-Whitewater. I’m majoring in journalism and minoring in general business. I declared my journalism major this past spring, so I am fairly new to writing in this style. In middle school and elementary school, I loved writing, especially creative writing. I am out of practice with creative writing because I focus my time on newswriting now. I have taken writing and reporting for news media at UW-Whitewater as well as publication editing. This fall I will be involved with the Royal Purple. This will be my first time working with a newspaper or any sort of published news outlet.

     I like both the writing and editing sides of journalism, but my dream job is to be a photojournalist. When people see me out in public, I usually always have a camera with me. I have been taking photographs as a hobby for ten years. Initially, I liked landscape photography, but lately I have fallen in love with photographing people. The expressions that you can capture in a photograph are never the same from moment to moment or person to person.


      I’m excited to see how this class will push me as a writer because I will be forced to write every day. I’m sure it will be a struggle at times, but I can’t wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment